Monday, January 12, 2015

Opal Apples

BzzAgent sent us a coupon to try Opal Apples, and they threw in a few more coupons and a branded cutting board.

Opal apples claim to be soft, sweet and they don't brown like the other apples out there; So I put them to the test.


I cut them up the night before so that they would be ready for an after preschool snack (my son only goes half days) But we had to finish up another food at the time so the apples didnt get eaten until that evening.


So this is after cutting them and putting them in the fridge for a night and half a day... they are brown yes, but just barely; and I have to say this didnt change the crisp sweet taste one bit. 

The apples are soft, my 2 year old was able to bite into them with no problems. They would be great to use in a dish, or to mash up for apple sauce!

I mentioned that to my husband and he promptly whipped up a great apple cobbler with the leftovers :)


Mmmmm worth it!


In all, I liked the apples and would buy them again. Check them out for yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment